It’s the little things that change over time that make a product less enjoyable to use. It’s sad to see users’ control and freedom being slowly eroded over time.
Unexpected Jira changes
As of the time of writing this post:
- Right-clicking in the scrum view on stories and tickets does not show the browser’s context menu; right-clicking has been hijacked by Jira and presents its own context menu
- Left-clicking in the scrum view on story numbers does not always open the story, for whatever reason, and makes me feel like an idiot
This breaks my expectations that:
- Right clicking anywhere in the page will give me the browser’s context menu so I can debug the UI
- Left clicking on story numbers will always open the story
Unexpected Bitbucket changes
- Some hyperlinks that were links before, are now no longer links, and are instead, some kind of React-ified UI element that behaves how the company wants it to behave, rather than how web standards say links should behave.